Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Been knitting instead of quilting

I have been knitting and using up odds and ends of yarn. I have plenty and I acquired the yarn stash my neighbor had and not used before she passed away. It wasn't a lot, but enough to do some scarves and hats. 

The brown/gray was a wool from Ireland. She was a travel agent and took people on tours all over the World. She had started a sweater and not finished it. She had all sizes of knitting needles and a fair amount of yarn.

I learned to knot when I was 8 years old. I had every childhood illness and kid could get and missed 40 days of school that year. I learned to knit and embroider that year. I enjoy doing both.

So these will go in a tub and when my family needs some they will come out. The rest will be donated for the needy. I think the next time I go to the thrift store I will look for some more yarn to make charity pieces.

Sick with the start of the a cold. Chris

No comments: