Thursday, July 20, 2017

"Clean Up" in progress

Here is the largest block I have ever made. 100-2 inch patches per block. I need 16 of these for this quilt. 

I sew them into 4-patches then into strip. This is enough to make 6 blocks. I have 10 made. So extras leftover for sashing. 

This is the pattern. It is a free pattern from www.quiltedtwins.com. They have a free tab in the shop tab at the top of their blog. Becky Tillman Petersen is very generous and designs these quilts and makes them up and offers them free on her blog and also on her Facebook page. 

I have enough for the blocks I need so onto the sashing pieces. This is about queen sized. 

You can use strip sets of just 2 inch squares. I had a ton of squares so my method this time. I also had over 200 4-patches made up and stuck in a drawer so that helped get it done faster. If you have older fabric that has been hanging around this is a great way to use it up. 

We are getting storms so the sewing machine is off. Computer is in laptop mode and cellphone is not charging. Have a great day. Chris

No comments: