Sunday, February 5, 2017

Applique prep

I have followed Esther Aliu on her blog for several years. She does some gorgeous applique quilts. This is a BOM she started January 15 and it will go for 7 months. She has a Facebook Group you can be a member of or use the posted patterns. They are in a PDF form. She gives yardage and colors that she will use and variations with different color schemes. The name of the quilt is Diamond Hill

Here are the flower and leaf patterns from this block. I am cutting four freezer paper pieces so I can make a center medallion for a quilt. Other blocks will be coming. 

Since I got the crib quilt done I thought I should quilt this queen size quilt done also. Simple quilting will happen on this one. I need to look for backing for it. 

When I was looking for thread in a box that it came in I found my saftey pins for quilt basting. Also I found the thread I thought I was out of. But I couldn't find my desk stapler. So I went and bought a new one. Now next week I will find that one I have misplaced. 

When we had the house torn up for so long everything got shoved here there and everywhere to empty rooms for carpeting. It is a wonder I haven't misplaced more. 

Now the fun begins I need to pull fabric for the flowers and stems and leaves. I have a cream color for the background and I think I am going to use more traditional colors for this. She used shades of pink and several shades of green for the stems and leaves. 

Esther's blog is here.

 www.estheraliu.blogspot.com
Chris

No comments: