Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Been a solemn few days

Tomorrow is the year anniversary of my Mother's Death. I miss her everyday and I struggle more some days than others.

My Brother texted me today, but nothing was said, but I know he is struggling also. It was small talk, but for him to contact me that is saying a lot. We were close when we were young, but things changed.

Family is a different dynamics than what it use to be. Every family has issues that create differences which change the closeness of the family. I have said illness and death will make families ugly.

I have my son and grandkids and my husband so I will be ok. My Brother hasn't got any children he only has his wife and a dog.

I haven't touched a bit of sewing and yet I want to, but still don't feel real swift. It rained today off and on and we got an inch of rain. Chances of rain over the next few days off and on so not a lot of outside work will happen if it is to wet.

Hope you all are being very productive with your projects. Chris

2 comments:

sewyouquilt2 said...

extra hugs for you at this time. it is so hard to lose your Mom. and the uglies do come out in people for sure. we went through it with my Mom, my mother in law and my brother in law. everyone looking for something of value of the dead person. how sad is that

Julierose said...

I totally empathize with you; my Mom passed 15 months ago and on the 5th of every month I get to feeling very low and lost. But try to remember the good years...that helps me a lot...
hugsx2 Julierose