Thursday, July 21, 2016

S-L-O-W stitching today

Adding some  more to this a little at a time. It was a stay inside day. A few minutes ago the weather showed the heat indexes was 112 degrees. The humidity and the temp are awful They talked about corn sweat today. Corn as it grows produces a sweat that creates heavy humidity. This happens when the temps are really high. We live in the middle of a corn field. 



Lots of slow stitching going on. I haven't wanted to do much at all. I have dishes to do and a pile of laundry and maybe in the morning early I can make myself do it. 

My grandson is employed detassling corn. It is a hot job and they go through the corn fields and pull the tassels off of the corn so it goes to seed for next years crop. It is a job done by teenagers in our area. They can't do it with machinery. They let the kids go home early today because of the heat. 

Tomorrow is another day. Chris

No comments: