Monday, June 27, 2016

Well I told you a story

I kept sewing and made 48 blocks of the scrappy/log cabin/courthouse steps. I don't have a name for the blocks. You know the one I showed you the last couple days.  

I cut some more strips and decided it would look good on a twin bed so it is finished as far as the blocks go. I am trying to think how to quilt it so I haven't pieced the rows together yet. I think I maybe will do straight line quilting.

The sun is out not a cloud in the sky. It is 86 degrees, but the humidity is going down quickly. Tomorrow it is suppose to be only 77 degrees.

I have struggled to be social the last few days. My husband is getting weaker and he feels he doesn't have much longer to live. I think he is trying to hard to do to much and it is wearing on me.

I have been doing more as far as yard work and helping him so it has been an adjustment in our lives again. As we grow older we have had to change what our goals and results are. We have slowed down and yet this year was a busy year with all the changes we have made.

I have sorta drawn up into my shell and not been real open of late. I have a tendency to draw up when stress hits me. In a medical crisis I stay focused, but when stress hits I get real quiet.

I hope to make a decision about the quilting and get the top pieced together. I like to quilt in sections so if I am going to do something more than straight lines I will do it in sections.

Off to make BBQ'd chicken for supper. Chris


1 comment:

sewyouquilt2 said...

I know what you mean about stress. Not fun at all. just know that there are friends out here who care about you if you need us.
quilters are the best. I have some fabulous friends that I have never met in person but they are my online buddies and cheer me up when I need it or cheer me on when I need a push. hugs friend. I too am in a similar situation. I mow the grass and do things that hubs used to do. I also work 45 hr week so it is difficult to get it all done and relax too.