Saturday, June 25, 2016

Colorful

20 blocks are done. This is  4X5 block layout. I think with a border it maybe is all I am going to do for this one. It measures 38in. X 49in. without seams sewn between blocks.  

I have some multi colored fabrics that maybe will work for a border. I may frame it with a solid color to make it stand out from the border. 

There is a lot going on in  the center of this top. This was about 4 1/2 hours of cutting stitching and pressing to get this much done. But I had strips already cut. 

To recap this is  a 2 inch X 3 1/2 inch logs and sewn together to make this block. 
It makes a quick quilt for a baby gift or a lap quilt for a sick person. Hope this inspires you to look at your scraps again. 

You can make the logs different sizes if you like as long as when they are all sewn together they will make a square block. Chris

1 comment: