Saturday, March 19, 2016

I think two borders

This much is complete. I need to press, but it was a lot of stitching on little pieces. I think if I counted right it is 1400 pieces in a 30 X 42 inch top. I will add borders for a 45 X 60 inch baby quilt top. 

This was a tub of 1.25 inch strips that I started cutting and stitching. I made 4-patches and then I added 2 inch squares. Basically it is a utility top, but will work for an extra baby quilt.

Using up pieces is important to me. I feel like I  bought the fabric and why shouldn't I use it up. So it is a challenge to me to figure out the usage of these small pieces.

I hope on this National Quilt Day you were able to do some quilting. Chris

3 comments:

Frog Quilter said...

Love your scrappy top. I agree with you that every piece of fabric counts. Glad to see you are making progress!

Katie M. said...

Very nice! I think the 2 borders will just add to this quilt. Great to use up fabric!

starflash quilts said...

Teeny patches! Very patient!