Sunday, February 21, 2016

The UFO pile is going down

Here is another one stitched together. It had the blocks made but not stitched into rows. This one I made the blocks. 4-patch in a Courthouse Steps block.It will fit a twin bed. I think it needs a border, but it is colorful. I showed it to my husband and he said "Where did that come from?" He has seen it but he forgot. 

I had a ton of strips cut to make this quilt top. The 4-patches are 2 inch squares made into 4-patches and the steps are strips that are 1.5 inches wide, Like colors for each block. Some of the light strips are toned like the colored side. 

I dug these out and started to square them up to 6.5 inch blocks. These are the 16-patches cut diagonally and the triangles place on the four sides. This will be another colorful quilt top also. 

I haven't shown you a picture of my little one lately. She is almost 17 months old now. She loves to go with Daddy. He owns a Fire School and his own firetruck. So she is in the firetruck with Daddy. How many little girls can go to school and say I was in my Daddy's firetruck? She looks like an Angel, but she is a little Tornado. But we love her this way. Never know what this one is going to do next. Katie loves to be outside and she spent the better part of the day being with Dad at the property.

I need to figure out a casserole for supper and maybe trim some more blocks. Hope you had a good sewing day. I sure did. Chris

1 comment:

Katie M. said...

Love your courthouse steps! I've never done one, yet it's one of my favorites.. Seems you're moving right along getting things done... wish I was!