Monday, February 1, 2016

lots of sewing and cutting

This morning I spent about 2 hours and finished up trimming the HST's up. They are ready to pair up and sew. I then came into the sewing room and stitched over a 100 4-patches together. I need them for another idea I have. They were on the sewing desk and I thought get this cleaned up. So sew I did.  I think I sewed and cut for about 6 hours today. My back feels it. 

Finally I had the urge to dig into the tubs of fabrics from my Mother's stash. I have not dug into it much other than the scraps she had set aside and hadn't replaced in her main stash. I cut 1.5 inch, 2 inch and 2.5 inch and 4.5 inch strips The 4.5 inch strips were them diagonally cut. Tomorrow I have several more pieces to dig out and get sliced and diced.

Amazing how dull your blade gets cutting a lot of pieces. I had to change the blade and the one that was in the cutter I changed last week. I remember when I was short on money several years ago  I struggled with a dull blade and really made a mess of a cutting mat.

It is foggy out and just at 32 degrees. So black ice will form. I plan on staying home. I have plenty of sewing I can do. I even have some mending to do for a neighbor. Stay warm and safe Chris

No comments: