Friday, February 5, 2016

I'm still up


All that crazy stitching is coming together. I got the gray solid and the cranberry washed and dried. Glad I did because a lot of dye came out onto the Color Guard Sheets. I sat and cut 2.5 inch strips and diced them into segments and started stitching again. I showed my husband and he thought it looked like a guy quilt with the darker colors. I think I will cross hatch quilt it with black thread.

It looks like some of it didn't meet up but it needs a better pressing. I need to get the ironing board out and use some steam to press them better. Simple design, but the colors make the quilt. 

I have always said how many designs can there be with squares, circles and triangles and rectangles? In this day and age all the designs have been made they are just pairing them up with different blocks and different colorways. 

Still have many more segments to sew together. I don't think what I like to watch is on TV tonight so I will watch the one show and cut strips while watching it. Chris

No comments: