Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Sewing here and there

Here is a pile of 3.5 inch denim squares that I am adding 2 inch squares to the corners. Making a square in a square. This is just part of a bigger block. I used old jean legs from my family and friends that I collected with no idea what I was going to use them for.  

This is finger pressed, but you can see they are not very large. I have been sewing 20-60 minutes at a time to get some more of this done. 
Yesterday I was up, ate, showered, and cleaned two rooms and two loads of laundry and ran the dishwasher all before 9 am. Well I had to have a nap and I cheated and went out to grab sandwiches for supper. I sewed before I finally gave up to go to bed. Little here and there. 

Here is a stack of them all sewn and pressed. Today the iron needs to be turned on and do lots more pressing. Then I need to assemble as many of the two blocks as I have enough segments for. Then if I need more will cut more. Note to self. I need a new blade in my rotary cutter also.  

These are 2.5 inch squares. I was doing some mindless sewing the other day and they are sewn into 3-patches and they need to be pressed and made into 9-patches. If I want to continue sewing and I don't have enough cut I grab another tub and sew them together. The beauty of doing this you work on more than one thing at a time and get more machine time as long as you have bobbins wound.

Well errand day again. We are to get rain and snow mix this evening and more over the next few days. Going to go to the grocery and get milk and a couple things to have so I don't have to go out. 
My husband has been sick and I have had residual hanging on. We got an antibiotic and hopefully we are turning the page on this crap. We haven't had enough below freezing days to kill off this strain. Plus kids were home and now they are all back in school so another round will happen. 

I read a post that said we still about 70 days before Spring. Can't hardly wait. Chris  

1 comment:

Browndirtcottage said...

You just keep plugging along on those. A little here and a little there finally becomes a full grown quilt!

I was wondering about your little portable cutting table. I have that in my "save for later" on Amazon but wasn't sure there was enough room to put your knees under it. I was afraid the folding legs were too close to the edge….??? I just thought it was a nice size, not too large and not too small.