Friday, December 25, 2015

Merry Christmas today is my day

I walked out in the kitchen at 4 am and found this poor pathetic looking doll sitting there in a deflated position and I had to laugh. This is the way I feel. Autumn was carrying this baby and she left it on the table. It is one that stays here because it was Taylor's when she was little. Poor baby! 

4 dozen cinnamon rolls were made and they were all surprised they were getting them for their breakfast this morning. I made icing and sent it home with them to apply this morning. 

6 loaves of Italian bread were made and then sliced and made into cheesy garlic toast and garlic toast. Then I made two pans of pasta crock and four pizzas. Well the kicker in the whole thing was one of the pizzas leaked all over my new oven and smoked the house up. So windows came open and ceiling fans running like crazy, but it all taste great. The oldest son had never had my pizza and he was shocked at how good it was. They even texted me on the way home how much they enjoyed it.

They each had a to-go bag of leftovers. The gifts were a hit, but one didn't fit so I will return it and they can take the money and see if they can find the right size.

Today is my day. After I do some dishes I am going to sew. Even if it is to machine quilt. I need some me time. We have been on a roller coaster with so much to do and we need to turn the page on the fast pace life we have been experiencing and do something we want to do.

We had a puzzle out, but put it up before it was done. Maybe I can get it out and Jeff can start it again. Or try another one. Normal would be nice.

Hope you all have a Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year. Chris

1 comment:

Katie M. said...

Merry Christmas, Chris. Wishing you a day of quiet and peace - sounds like you may need it .....