Wednesday, September 9, 2015

What a day this has been

Well it finally arrived. My husband and the neighbor went today and got the cabinet. The house is being inspected as I am typing. We went in this morning and cleaned a little and got the machine packed up and got it moved here.

This is the machine. It is a Pfaff  7510. It is called a Creative. I will have to read the manual and learn about it. I have had Pfaff's before, but not and Electronic one. 

My Mom bought this cabinet and it was styled after the Koala cabinets. She had the acrylic plate made for it and it has an extension piece to add more space for larger quilts. It goes over the drawer. It is all plugged in and ready to go.  

This is still going on in  the room. I plan on getting it cleared up over the next couple days. My husband surprised me and said I didn't have to get rid of the other machine and cabinet. We will leave it in the room and when I want to sew in the living room it is on rollers and I can bring it out to sew with it. There will be times that I need to be closer to Mom and this way she can see I am sewing. I have showed her some tops I have completed and she is amazed I have as many done as I do.

We are getting things done slowly at the house. I have to drive my husband there because he hasn't driven for 14 years. His disability hinders him from doing this task. So I can only be gone for a short period of time. An hour or less without some one here is about all we can get by with. I know we will have to be closer to her in the future.

Got to get dinner out of the oven and work a little more. Chris

2 comments:

sewyouquilt2 said...

nice machine. your mom will be happy to see you use it.
a little at a time and you will be surprised how it will add up and get done.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

The 7510 is a great model and it has the built in walking foot behind the presser foot so your piecing will be more accurate.