Monday, September 7, 2015

Taking a little break

This is a cabinet I have had for quite awhile. Jeff cut out the top and added a tray for my Singer to sit in at tabletop level. We moved it to the living room for now. I can quilt out here so I can hear my Mother if she needs me. 

This is the wall it set against. I hate this carpet and wished we could rip it out and put something else in it's place.  

Still need to pick up little stuff and vacuum the floor. The new cabinet will not fit against this wall so storage tubs will sit there when I get some things gone through. 

This doesn't appear to show much progress, but The closet is stacked better.

 This corner has to be addressed before the new cabinet comes. We are going to take down this counter top and move it to another location. The bigger cabinet has to be put in this corner. It is longer and wider than the old one. The other thing this mess needs to be gone through. Some mending is stacked in these piles and it needs doing.
This is the other half of the room that needs my attention now. Partially quilted quilts {2} and tubs of small scraps, batting's, and things that need to be just gotten rid of. My cutting area is in front of the window and I need to get it cleaned off also. 

This has been a dumping ground for months. No real sewing has happened other than the little girls dresses for the wedding. I am ashamed of the way things are and I will go back to it in a few minutes to get some more taken care of. 

I have done 4 loads of laundry cleaned, straightened, had my mother up to the bathroom 6 times and she and my husband are laying down. Wish I could, but a woman's work is never done. Chris

No comments: