Sunday, August 30, 2015

Moving things

This is a part of the fabric my Mother had. I have to make room for it. Right now it is in the garage until I can have a couple hours to straighten the sewing room.

Here is more and the smaller boxes have cut pieces or somethings sewn together.

Here is more of the yardage. Other than backing fabric I should be good to go for several years with the kind of quilts I make. 

This has been a hard time boxing this stuff up because she wants to sew so badly and can't. She is slipping more each day and spending more time in bed. She hates it, but she can sleep and not feel the pain. 

Why is life so tough all the time? You live 87 years and you think the tough times are over with after you raise your family and outlive two husbands, but the roughest for her is the end of her life. Been a bitter pill to swallow. Unpacking more and still more to move. Chris

2 comments:

sewyouquilt2 said...

yes it is tough. I dont think I would want to know but I am sure she feels tired. she is lucky to have you there to help her in this hard time. maybe seeing you finish up something that she started would comfort her. especially if it was something she loved.
if she is not in pain that is a blessing. take care of yourself too.

Katie M. said...

I see her fabric and think of it as a legacy she is leaving you....
My brother-in-law gave me 9 huge totes of fabric after my sister-in-law passed and it took me almost 2 years before I was able to 'let go' of any of the fabrics I knew I would not use....
I agree with "sewyouquilt2" - if there is something your mom started that you could finish for her, that would be wonderful... Maybe ask her if there is something you could work on together....