Tuesday, July 28, 2015

I am really bad about.....

Ever feel like you need to change your ways. Well here is my down fall. I love reading blogs, articles of sewing, quilting, knitting and all kinds of handwork. I sew, quilt, and knit, but I do do embroidery and crewel work. I also can do needlepoint. I soak up as much of it in reading others articles. I am completely self taught.

My Mother sewed and so did both Grandmothers. All of them did embroidery and they all quilted. The urge to learn started when I was young. My Mom taught me to do handwork when I was about 7 years old. I was so sick at my 7 and 8 year old life. Every childhood sickness was there for me. Chickenpox, Measles, Mumps, Strep throat and every ear infection that was going around. I missed 48 days of school.

Today I don't have enough hours in the day to try anything. I would start and not get it finished. I would over to learn tatting and hardanger. Would I use them probably not, but fun to learn.

I found myself reading blogs this morning and also on Pinterest to see how things are being done. I drool at the accomplishments of other.

Yes I waste time that I should be sewing on doing this lurking online. I guess it is and escape from reality at the moment. I need to get ready for the day. Mom's chair is finally going to get delivered between 2 and 6 today. So have to carry phone all day to be able to meet trucker when he gets there.

I think today the nurses are coming to visit also. Need to get my to go bag ready. I think I can get some laundry done while there waiting also.

Hope your day goes as planned. Chris  

1 comment:

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

I don't think it is a fault. Maybe because I do the same thing. And really, don't you find that you work better and faster when you are inspired? I certainly do, so I do not consider blog reading a waste of time. Like you, I've learned so much from them!