Saturday, June 13, 2015

The pinning is done

These are the two blocks that are in the quilt top I just pinned. A 9-patch and a star 9-patch. Some call it maverick star some call it wonky star. You choose. They alternate between the two as the quilt top is constructed. 

Very scrappy and colorful. It is pinned and I know what I am going to do for borders. I have that covered. 

I am going to machine quilt the center and then add the borders after they are quilted. I quilt to them, but leave about 3-4 inches un-quilted on the center and the borders. Then I stitch the sections on and go back and quilt over the intersection. Less  bulk under the arm of the machine. I have done this method for a long time and it holds quite well and also saves my arms and shoulders. 

Today is suppose to be cloudy. Need to weed the front flower bed, but not real sure if it will get done. Going in to wind bobbins and get ready to stitch in the ditch to stabilize the sandwiched quilt top. TTYL. Chris 
UPDATE: went to wind bobbins and didn't realize I didn't have enough of the color thread I want to use. Normally I order my thread so will go to Joann's and see if I can purchase enough without costing a fortune.

No comments: