Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Power sewing for 90 minutes.

This morning I just had to get some sewing done. I have been wanting to get there and because one reason or the other I haven't made it. I have family things going on this morning so I thought I would do what I could in one sitting and be that much farther ahead than doing nothing. 90 minutes isn't much, but I had the squares cut so it was all sewing and pressing. 

This is from my scrap cutting over the last few times. If I have small pieces I squared them up and threw them in the tub. Some are from the recent purchase and some I had. They are 2.5 inch squares sewn into 4-patches. I have a couple different things that they are needed for that I want to finish or start. So on the not so productive days like today I might as well just sew. 

I got 38 4-patches sewn and pressed in the 90 minutes. Not bad for an amateur. I need to get almost 500 of these for the two projects I have in mind.

My son says why do you buy fabric only to cut it up and then sew it back together. He then laughs at me. He knows that is the process, but has to be sarcastic. 

Do you have a certain block you like to make? Many times some of the more simple piecing has such a neat effect when it is finished in a quilt. Whether you do modern or traditional and anywhere in between there are elements of the blocks that are still simple sewing. Hope you enjoy the process. Chris 

No comments: