Friday, June 12, 2015

Need a queen sized quilt

When everyone was here the other day I got told that a Queen sized quilt was needed for a bed the kids are using. 

Autumn got her older brothers bed and they need a queen sized quilt for it for Winter. She has small crib size quilts she has been using, but they want a full sized quilt to put on the bed. I went looking and I found these two that could be made a slight bit bigger and they would be queen size quicker. 

I think the one on the right with the stars is longer. The Courthouse Steps is wider. The Star quilt I have tons of the 9-patches already made so would just have to make the star blocks. So changing gears today I will see how this goes. I also found a Lucy Boston Point of the Cross  appliqued quilt top I forgot I had ready to quilt. Maybe if I do some more cleaning in thee I can find a couple more this ready to finish.

Poured rain over night and we got almost 1.5 inches after 5 pm to now. It just had a quick downpour but suppose to clear up later. Maybe we can open up the house only suppose to get in the 70's compared to the 80's and 90's we have had. Will wait to see how muggy it is and make the call then. 

My Mom is having more troubles and we are having to deal with them as they come. Being a caregiver isn't easy. We are living day to day at this point and coping with what each day brings. 

I need to find some things to keep me busy today so I will make some more blocks and see where these two tops end up with. Have a good one. Chris



No comments: