Friday, May 29, 2015

Today thrifting was a good day

Today was a good day to go shopping at the thrift store. I got 7 bags of quilt scraps for $6.25. Some are strips and some are squares.

This was mixed in also. They are Vintage 30's and 40's scraps. They are the real thing. I have a quilt my Grandmother started and I need pieces to finish it up. Now I have them. They were $1.50 for the two bundles. 

One of the bags having 2.5 inch HST's all sewn and pressed in colors I use. How lucky can a person get? Today was 50% off everything as marked. It was a good day.

This thrift store is run by the Senior Center and benefits helping Seniors with Prescription bills. It goes to a good purpose and has generally good items for resale. I have found a lot of scraps for the quilting I do. Hope you have a great day. Chris

2 comments:

Carol said...

Wish our area had finds like that....no thrift stores around that I know of...

Julierose said...

WOW--what a deal. We don't have anything like that around here, either! Happy you can finish up your grandmother's quilt...good deal!! Hugs, Julierose