Saturday, May 2, 2015

Did you see this?

Can read these cutting instructions? They are for the quilt partially shown on the left of the picture. Finished size 62 1/2 X 72 1/2 inches. 1.5 inch squares 808 are required. That is only one element of this block.

Would I be crazy I am not sure, but if you think of all the pieces you cut to make a quilt it is mind boggling. My step-father said why would you buy fabric to cut it into pieces to sew back together again. He ended up making several quilt tops after that himself.

I would not make this in 30's prints because I don't have that many of them. Remember the other day I found 178 4-patches sewn together. That would make a dent in how many I needed to make this quilt. I knew I could use them someplace. That is 712 of the 808. Close, but I have to think about all the other pieces that need cutting. I have plenty of time to think about it for now.my mind is on overdrive with this one. Chris

Well


No comments: