Friday, April 24, 2015

Still recovering

When you aren't expecting to have little ones during the day I guess I wasn't ready. I really was concerned about my son and the girls having the things they needed and I just moved into that have to mode.

My thoughts this morning are terms. Yes like this. Hand made. What does that mean? Well I read a blog recently that said hand made. But the term was used loosely. It was made by machine. Do we assume and you know what that means that because we made it and not purchased it that it is handmade.

Ok, So what is it? I was raised to say what you mean. AS kids we said we were going to shovel the sidewalk. My Mother said that isn't correct. The sidewalk is to heavy to shovel. We were told to say that we were shoveling the snow off the sidewalk. Do you see what I mean?

I hand make quilts and I machine make quilts. I guess I am to picky. LOL Chris  

1 comment:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

You still had to decide on colors, cut the pieces and guide the fabric through the "electric needle" so yes they are still hand made.