Monday, April 6, 2015

Nap Quilt

Quilting is going on. I got the center done this morning. Now need to decide what to do with the borders. I think Diagonal Grid quilting will happen. 

I used a 100% polyester batt in this one. I had some scraps and it was the right size. Thought I might as well get it used up instead of laying around.  

Friends stopped over last night and we got to talking about dolls I have made over the years. I have made 300 plus Raggedy Ann and Andy's. This is the smallest ones. They are 10 inches. I embroidered the faces and hand ties the yarn hair also made all the clothing. The largest I made is 36 inches. I have little granddaughters so I guess I should find the pattern and make some more. The list keeps getting longer as these grandkids keep going up in numbers. 

We have chances of rain today and the rest of the week. Hope everyone had a good Holiday. Chris

1 comment:

Katie M. said...

The Raggedy Ann doll brought back memories. I had made them for my daughters and when their girls were born I made the dolls for them. My one daughter said when she saw what was in the box, she cried. She remembered hers and was touched that her daughter now had one... It never ceases to amaze me what my adult kids remember and cherish from their childhood.