Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Arranging

I have a couple of the stars done for this project, but not sure where to place them. I laid it out on the table to get an overall picture. Still not sure.

This is a different option. Decided I would make a few more to play with before I stitched them in place. Still not sure the look is right. I hate ripping out after I stitch in place. To many tiny stitches. Not sure how far I will take this, but it keeps my hands busy while watching TV.  

Went to place the things I dug out yesterday away and found this bag full of 9-patch in a square blocks. There are 50 of them. Forgot I had them. I think they are about 2 years old. I remember now I was waiting to buy fabric for sashing and completely forgot they were in there. I can't believe I did so much sewing and yet they aren't finished and I forgot about them. These are 5.5 inches square. 

Maybe I should make some more of these and make a bigger quilt for a queen bed. At this point with my older grandkids getting almost ready to be on their own well in the next 3-4 years I should make some quilts for them to take. Then I thought about storage. 

The big bags for storage that you take the air out might be in order. Not sure of the quality of the item after it is used for a prolonged period of time. Never used them.

Sun is out, but we had a frost. We did not cover anything last night so worried about fresh growth on some of the plants. I guess time will tell. Have a good one. Chris


3 comments:

Rebecca said...

I call those bags suckey bags and they are a life savior in the linen and quilt stash closets. Until I have to remember which bag has what in it...

the I am not a robot bit seems to be stuck so don't know if this will go thru ... so you might get more then one!!!

Rebecca said...

I call those bags suckey bags and they are a life savior in the linen and quilt stash closets. Until I have to remember which bag has what in it...

the I am not a robot bit seems to be stuck so don't know if this will go thru ... so you might get more then one!!!

Julierose said...

I think your hexagon stars are just gorgeous--along with those rosettes--this piece is going to be beautiful hugs, Julierose