Saturday, April 11, 2015

20 minutes here and 40 minutes there

Stitching away and boy the added up in a hurry. I always have squares cut and strips too. These happen to be 2 inch squares. I can sit down and do some power sewing or chain stitching and get a pile finished up in no time. 

Yesterday I did chain stitching, but was running out of different color combinations so I cut my 2 inch strips into squares and added them to the mix. I ran out of one bobbin and started the next one. I try and stitch bobbin fulls to measure how many I do.  

Guess how many? Well at 20 minutes and 40  minute stitching time I got 3 sessions in and it made 70 4-patches.

Tomorrow I will have another method to show you of making 4-patches from logs. The new method to me is using Bee in my Bonnet blog's method.  Or at least I saw it on her blog. I'm sure someone else has made it that way also. I will try and take pictures as I go along to show how it works I haven't tried it yet, but I am going to use smaller pieces for the 4-patches and this will envolve less handling of small pieces. Chris

No comments: