Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Still have electricity

We didn't loose power. Others around us have though. Now it is starting the melt, but will freeze again overnight.

I have been reading more about starching fabrics before sewing. Even some before cutting. I don't like to leave fabric with starch in it because of bug attraction. Yes it can happen. The starch is made from vegetable starch like corn or potato starch many times.

I have considered spray starch, but you get over spray. Then I thought about pressing then starching and pressing till dry. That can distort and also make a mess of you iron and ironing surface. The build up isn't always easy to remove from surfaces.

So what is right and what is wrong. I really don't know. I think I will do some test samples and see how the different methods block out when pressed wet and also pressed dry. I will try and keep a pictorial record of my finds. Chris

No comments: