Friday, February 27, 2015

The first day of the rest of your life

Yesterday is behind us now. We got the diagnosis and the plan for the rest of my Mother's life. Things never turn out like you think they should. I'm making this sound like doomsday, but it isn't that horrible.

She does have more cancer, but with two types of pills she can live longer. Who knows a heart attack or a stroke could be the cause of death and not the cancer.

As I said This is the first day of the rest of her life. We have to be positive and stay focused on making it productive and enjoyable.

To start out with we are having a Birthday party for the 2 year old. Autumn will be two years old already. Yesterday according to her Dad she started to throw tantrums. Laying down screaming and kicking her feet. Typical 2 year old when they don't get their way. I'm sure that will be short lived. Dad will not put up with it. The two older ones did it too. They found out it didn't work.

I have so many things to do today and yet I would like to be locked in the sewing room and get things done. Groceries need to be bought and I need to clean. I know clean after they leave right. I want to shampoo the carpet, but I think this will wait.

If I get into the sewing room I will be lucky. I do need to get the back for that quilt seamed and pressed. Even if I get that done I will feel like I accomplished something.

Subzero temps and wind chills even worse today.Hopefully I can park close to the doors at the grocery store. I dress for the outside then go into a warmer store and when you go back out you are not prepared because you are to warm from shopping.

Ok rambling here so I had better focus and get my grocery list made and also do some picking up. Maybe a seam or two. Stay Warm. Chris  

1 comment:

Frog Quilter said...

You are so blessed to have your mother. What I wouldn't give to have my Mom around.
You have the right attitude so I know it will work out. Enjoy her, love her.