Thursday, February 5, 2015

Doable possibilities

I got my new American Patchwork & Quilting magazine. In it was this quilt. It is doable as a leaders and enders quilt. It has small 4-patches and they are on my radar. I have many pieces cut to be used up. 
This is a design by Edyta Sitar from Laundry Basket Quilts. If you haven't seen her quilts or patterns before you will be surprised. She has a a quaint story as to how she became a quilter. 

She is a traditional quilter and appliquer who has modern techniques. She also has several fabric lines to work in her designs. 



















This is a close up of the 4-patch blocks. This would be a scrap buster. It has a newer look to the age old 4-patch. This has to be on my to-do list really soon. As soon as I get my Mother through all her appointments I will be spending time with the sewing machine. 

This is the issue this quilt is in. There is a section on several 4-patch quilts made by other quilters. Maybe there would be a design that makes you heart sing. 

The weather is a changing again. Some snow yesterday and totally different over night. Temps below zero this morning and not a huge warm up for today. We could see the full moon last night so you know it would be cold and crisp air outside. 

Today is a running day for me again. Hopefully we can get it done quickly. It is windchill of -19 out right now. Not my kind of nice errand day. Stay warm Chris

No comments: