Friday, January 16, 2015

Soup day here

 I decided today would be another soup day. Beef broth leftover from cooking a pot roast a while back. Froze the broth and I added frozen vegetables plus onion and celery. Then I added canned tomatoes from my garden last year. I added a diced potato and also some dried parsley. Cook it all until veggies are tender. should be a nice cup of soup after while.
After I took this picture you really can't tell what is going on. We have hoarfrost. When the air is heavy with moisture and the ground is cold. It leaves a coat on the branches of frozen moisture particles. We had fog earlier and it was really thick. Snow is starting to melt and suppose to be about 41 degrees tomorrow.  Nice Winter thaw. 

Going out to start the laundry and see how  far I get with it today. My sister is coming on Sunday and grandkids are coming home for a visit tomorrow. so people in and out over the weekend. 

OMGosh doe the air in here smell good. Chris

1 comment:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

There was hoarfrost here yesterday morning. The trip into Chicago was beautiful.