Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Changes

Flooring has started to get changed. We bought the vinyl planks at the hardware store and we really like it. This is the spot in front of the door. It is all done.

Here he is working on the spot in front of the fireplace. We are going to change our fireplace from wood burning to a gas burning log. 

The saw that is in the middle of the floor is an antique that belonged to his Dad. It squeaks when you draw the saw back and forth, but it does the job. Straight cuts are important. We have another section to be replaced by the front door. I'm sure that will happen tomorrow. 

Decided I need 40 more blocks to finish the top I showed you earlier. I have the 9-patches done ahead so I will get the 20 star blocks tomorrow. Chris

1 comment:

Julierose said...

Wow Chris -- this will look so nice..glad you got some work done! i am still unable to hold anything to quilt or applique--am hoping that by Friday my wrist/thumb issue will have lessened enough for me to get back to finishing WWWQ binding/