Thursday, August 7, 2014

All of them are done

 42 of these are done now. I think for a couch quilt it is enough made. I will find a backing and make it long enough to wrap around the front to make the binding. These will be sewn together without sashing. That way the secondary block is formed on the light side. 

Lots of scraps used up with this project. Still have tons more. I think I'm going to go in and clean up my sewing desk and get back to the machine quilting I have started on my HST quilt. I've had my fill of piecing for awhile. 

In the October issue of "Better Homes and Gardens American Quilting and Patchwork" there is an article about the designer and founder of Kansas Troubles Quilting. Lynne Hagmeier the owner/designer has such a neat way of designing her quilts and her short cut methods of layering the blocks. I really like the colors she uses and I need to try and find her fabrics. So my search is on today so I can find some of the colors I want to add to pieces I have. 

I think I'm going to the paint department and getting color chips of paint samples and carry them with me to locate the colors I need to add to my stash. I can carry them in a zippered plastic bag and use them for reference. Hope you have a great day. Chris



No comments: