Monday, July 14, 2014

Decision made

Still no sewing done. I made a decision. I need to spend one hour a day in there cleaning and sorting and then maybe I would like to get a start on getting back into doing something.

We had the baby over night and she wears me out so I just collapsed when she went home. She slept with me and I got a foot in the face at 2 am. Funny as little as they are how much they move at night.

I didn't even cook last night. We went and got a sandwich and weren't really pleased with it. So won't go down that road today. Need to cook a decent meal.

My goal today is try to get on the exercise bike twice even for short periods of time and also clean in sewing room for 1 hour. Longer if I am driven to do it. I have three men's shirts to tear apart today and then I have two pairs of jeans to fix for my son. That would be two piles cleaned up if I get to it.

Beans are going to have to be picked again in the next couple days. So I know what that means more canning. I want to make a salad for supper tonight. I make a lettuce layer salad with lettuce, onion, frozen peas, bacon cheddar cheese shreds and mayo. Some recipes call for celery or green pepper, but I cut that out. Layer the veggies place the bacon crumbles on the top and mayo to. Mix before serving. We really like it instead of potatoes and or rice dishes. Then I have some thin cut rib eye steaks to grill. Sounds like a decent meal to me.

Hope you have a great day. Chris

2 comments:

Julierose said...

Sounds like a good plan, Chris; sometimes it's just so hard to get going. That salad recipe sounds like a winner. Good luck on that sewing space cleaning. I, for one, cannot sew if my room gets too overcrowded and messy--I have to straighten a bit...hugs, Julierose

Jill said...

I am on the same page as you. Have not done any sewing due to a disorganized space. I said to myself that I need to spend some time each day straightening. I also collapse after "little company." I froze strawberries to make jam later as no time currently.