Sunday, May 18, 2014

When there are scraps make a quilt

Sleep isn't going on at my house so I decided to get the blocks I had done sewn into a top. We are going to be Grandparents again in September so why not a baby quilt? I tried to make it fairly gender neutral because we don't know what we are having. So a good press and sandwiching will happen sometime today. 

We need to get the last of the tomatoes in the garden today and do some clean up of a few weeds. More rain is suppose to be on it's way. We have had a strange Spring and from all the predictions with the weather issues going on it could be a thing we deal with all the time. 

News! I am getting a new -to-me car on Monday. My neighbor traded cars and the trade amount wasn't a fair price so he kept the car and we are buying it. My rust bucket van is 15 years old and also leaking oil. So time to make a change. I like the van for hauling things, but can't keep up with the care the van needs. This car is low mileage and a very fair price so it works for me. 

Now that I'm up going to get a bag of scraps out press and cut while sitting here. Take care Chris

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Those blocks make a very pretty baby quilt. I like the light sashing with them.

Jean said...

Beautiful quilt. Keep using your scraps. You are an inspiration to those who read your blog.