Thursday, February 27, 2014

Try this again

Picasa and me are not friends. I couldn't get it to upload pictures to my blog this morning. Must be cold like we are.  I went shopping and found this antique high chair. It needs a little repair, but my husband loves doing that kind of things so it will be a challenge for him. Yes I know I cut off the top of the picture, but I don't have a lot of space in that room to take pictures.

This has a machine carved back. The design is a not a deep relief, but it adds character to the whole look of it. The label on the price tag at the flea market said 1962, but it is more 1942. So not sure of the real age of the chair. It just looks neat to me.

For now she sits good in the high chair and not trying to get down by herself. Things will change in a few months I'm sure, but this way I have a high chair when the next baby comes in Sept. 

I have been keeping appointments with my Mother and also doing grocery shopping and paying bills. Today I have to go buy my license sticker for my car. That hurts the wallet. It is the Polar Vortex again here. Below zero and up to 7 inches of snow over the next 4 days again. We are over 60 inches of snow and the average for this area is 35 inches. The piles are melting some, but when it snows it adds it all back again. Now there is worry that the perennials in your gardens will die off because of the horrible cold. 32 days below zero this Winter. Normally less than 20 days that cold. They reported the snowiest Winter on record for our area and the third coldest on record. Stay warm Chris

2 comments:

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

I didn't know that about the perennials!! We are suffering the same cold weather you are. Brrrr.

Love the high chair!!!

crazylegs quilting said...

Love the chair, looks like oak! Also saw your little hexies on a previous post, I will have to try that one of these days. So sweet.