Sunday, October 20, 2013

Sure dark out

7:20am Central Standard time and the street lights are still on. There is a bank of clouds coming our way from the West. Suppose to be the last so-so day this week. I guess it is that time of the year.

Hopefully I can get to the sewing room in the next hour and get cutting and sorting done so I can finish the last seven blocks. Many times I get this close and quit.

This time around I need to finish more of what is started so I can work on what is on my To-Do-List. It is endless so who knows if I will ever get to the end or close.

I looked at Wanda's technique for basting a quilt together and I think I'm going to try this. She lays backing, batting and top onto a hard surface. In her case two tables that are moved together. Then take long running stitches with a large needle instead of using pins. I think it will be far less weight to handle especially using a regular sewing machine to do your quilting on.

I think this quilt with the pieces I am going quilt it in two sections so I can manage the bulk of it better. Then add the borders and quilt them after the center is complete. Seems to work better for my set up.

Hopefully your weekend lets you get to some sewing. I plan on it. Chris

No comments: