Sunday, March 3, 2013

Are you superstitious?

Well I am and I am not. Not a pat answer, but I will try to explain.

I guess I have negative side to me and it reflects in some of the things I do day to day. When I was a kid well teenager I would get upset with a parental decision and I would sit on my bed and play solitaire until I wore out the cards or I got through my mood which would be foul at the time. I would play until I won. As a kid being angry and the hormone thing going on I lost a lot at playing solitaire and I had to learn self restraint and also discipline. I know strange thing to do, but it worked for me. I still have a short fuse when it comes to certain things. Like abusing an Elder and Children I do not hold back on those things.

I get up early most mornings unless I have had a bad night and I try and play at least on game of solitaire on the computer to make sure I have a good day. I play until I can beat the game. My rules though LOL! This is a crazy ritual, but it works for me. At least I have conquered something for the day.

I try and plan an activity everyday, but it is always subject to change which I understand being a caregiver and wife, daughter and grandmother things happen. I wanted to clean yesterday and instead we got company which we really had a good time visiting with. My youngest grandson came with his parents and we had a really good visit.

Superstitions are something that I never thought I would have. I do get premonitions and I somewhat know something is going to happen at times. My Mom was a widow and she was seeing this man whom we knew all our lives because he was friends of our family. I lived 90 miles away at the time and I called home and asked her what was going on. She said well I wasn't going to tell you. That day I just had to call home. Well she got married that day and they were going to tell us later. But I figured out something was going to take place. Something just told me an event was going to happen.

Many times if I feel uneasy I have to work my way through uncomfortable feelings and hopefully nothing happens. My Granddaughter is the same way. She is a sensitive child and she knows something is amiss and she will worry all day long over it. 

Do you know something is going to happen or do you have superstitions? My premonition today is I need to do some sewing but we will see if it happens. No I don't have a crystal ball and no I am not possessed, but I do like things to make sense at some point in the day and solitaire is on my list everyday whether I accomplish anything else in the day if I can beat a card game I am good for the rest of the day. Chris

1 comment:

Katie M. said...

I'm not suspicious but I do believe in 'connections' to certain people. I knew my dad had lung cancer before they told me. They lived in FL and me here in AZ. I'd done the same thing - called and asked my mom if everyone was okay. She still didn't tell me until after it was confirmed. I am, by nature, an extremely upbeat person. I am the "glass half full" person. That's not saying I don't have the occassional 'pity party' - I do, but fortunately it's not often...