Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Tragic start to the New Year

Jan 1 2013 started out fine and the middle of the afternoon turned ugly. This first picture is out my back door. The fire behind is a house that a single man lived in. My son called and asked if we were alright. He is a fireman and heard the call go out over the twincom radio. He said it was out here. About that time an explosion happened the windows were blown out of this house. As you can see which is just seconds after the explosion it was engulfed.
The owner was pulled out of the without shoes or a shirt let alone a coat. He is fine. He lost everything. The house behind them or to the right lost all the siding on the house and it melted the car bumper and front quarter panel. They were on the scene for 4 hours and 6 fire departments were hauling water. We live on a well and as many will know not the best water pressure. So water had to be hauled to a slurry tank to be pumped onto the fire.
The gentleman was lucky he wasn't hurt.

Then today I got a call from my neighbor who has been sick that she needed help. I went to her house used my key because she couldn't walk. She got up last night to get something to drink and fell on her kitchen floor around 10pm and crawled into her bedroom and went to bed. I called the ambulance and they took her to the hospital and she was admitted with a broken ankle and bleeding internally which made her really week. She has to have several test tomorrow to determine where the bleeding is and she is recieving 2 units of blood. She has no family here and she is all alone. So it has been a couple wild days here at my house. I would like normal someday soon.

Spending part of the day tomorrow running to the hospital and also to pay her bills and mine too. I am so tired and stressed out so I am off to bed early tonight. Chris

2 comments:

Hettie Pringle /Stitchingmatters said...

Shame Cris this is really bad. However I trust that all the bad that could happen in this New Year is over and done with now.

Frog Quilter said...

Hugs. May the coming year bring you better times.