Saturday, December 15, 2012

Need to sew

Today sometime I am getting these out to quilt. They are a string place mat I made several months ago and I need to get them finished. They are for me.
I have decided I need some machine time today away from the TV and all the horrible news.
We have some friends well relatives distant coming today for a bit this morning and then it is raining and it will be my time to get something done.

We have found new hardware for the kitchen that we want to purchase and I think that we will go ahead with the purchase soon. We have bright brassy gold hinges and handles on our kitchen cabinets and I want aged black. They have an oiled bronze that looks black and yet rusty also. Boy replacing hardware is not cheap. But it can make the whole room look different. So to go with the darker hardware I need to get the place mats done to use on the table.

I think the quilting will be straight lines and it will be in black thread. The back is going to be black. I don't think I will bind them. Just do the pillowcase finish on the. The ridge will not be there to tip over glasses that way and they will lay flatter if stored without the bias binding. There are six of these and they can go either on my big table or the smaller one in the kitchen.

Yesterdays events were mind boggling. Hug your family more closely today you never know. Chris

1 comment:

Katie M. said...

I love scrappy placemats on my table. I always think they just look inviting and casual. The last strip placemats I did, I just did a stitch and flip- sort of quilt-as-you-go.... My grandkids actually go looking for them to put on the table.... It's the little things that make the difference. And I have to agree with you as for the very sad news coming out of Conn., you can never tell your family (and friends) enough how much you love them and what they mean to you. And with that said, keep posting, Chris - I may not always reply, but I do always read! Enjoy your machine time today.