Friday, November 2, 2012

I wish things would change

Every one you talk to in my town is sick. They blow and cough day and night. I am still not over this crud.

Today I thought maybe I was turning it around only to get up and feel like crap again. No temp and no aches and pains, just cough and blowing.

I haven't had much interest in doing anything either. I do the minimum house chores and sit in a chair. I have tried to hand sew and it just is such an effort. When you cough this much I think you wear yourself out. Hopefully none of you get it.

Today I think I am going to go outside for a bit after it warms up. Get some fresh air in my lungs and see if this doesn't help.

Houston Quilt Market pictures have been showing up on some of the blogs and I have been sitting and drooling over the work and quality of the quilts many have produced. I think I would like to go to a huge show like that and then I think about the travel and it tells me no.

Have any of you been to a huge show like these? Chris

3 comments:

Valerie the Pumpkin Patch Quilter said...

I hope you feel better! Unfortunately it's that time of year. With three small children at home I think I'm exposed to so many germs that my immunity must be high - thankfully I've been pretty healthy.

I have not been to Houston Quilt Market...but someday I will. It's a goal! I believe it's a vendor only show so you have to be set up as a vendor or a quilt shop to get in...many people go tagging along with a shop or some sort of supplier! This is where all the "big guys" in quilting release their newest goodies for shops to bring back and sell to us quilters! I believe there is one in Pittsburg in the Spring that is open to anyone.

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

I am so sorry you are so sick. =(

The biggest show I have been to is the one they have in Des Moines ever year. I have only gone once, but would love to go again. We almost went this year, but we couldn't for some long forgotten reason.

Katie M. said...

I hope you feel better soon, Chris. I think I'd rather have 5 days of flu than 7 days of coughing! That said - I do get my flu shot every year!
Tucson, AZ puts on a nice quilt show. It's not huge like Houston or Paducah, but it has some really pretty quilts on display and of course vendors are always there.