Monday, September 3, 2012

Gift time

To start with Taylor was here and she had cut out her rag quilt blocks the last time she was here. So yesterday she wanted to sew. More cutting of batting, but she is doing this all herself. She now knows how much time is used in making a quilt. I am really proud of her and her efforts. She even picked out the fabric herself. This is another tub of strips I have cut while handling fabric for other projects. I wanted something to sew on waiting for my husband to come in last night from helping a neighbor with his lawnmower. They are 1 inch strips that were cut off a larger piece of fabric as I handled it. All colors and lengths, but all usable fabric.


This is going to be gifts for Christmas. I sewed them into sheets of fabric almost the size of a place mat. I am then going to make some small HST blocks to border the string pieced mats.





I got three and a half of them made in a couple hours last night. These are dry pressed and I need to steam them to get them to lay flat. No wasting of fabric. I cut a length off and add to another piece to make it long enough.



I have some pieces of batting I am going to use to make these a finished piece. I have some non-descript fabric for the back ground. Not sure what I will use for binding. More pictures later. Chris







No comments: