Friday, August 24, 2012

More scraps

Scraps are flying through the air here. Bright colored scraps at that. I had some and my Mom had some and I am still using some Wanda sent me months ago. I am cutting 2.5 inch strips 4.5 inches long and sewing two together. Press seam to one side. I end up with this and here is a link to a tutorial on how to make this block. http://luannsloosethreads.blogspot.com/ Look on her side bar to the right and the tutorial for "Sonoma Rose Block Tutorial " is listed there.


You need a 60 degree triangle and scraps that work together to make this block. Also a little time to cut and sew. As I go through my scraps I am cutting different size pieces out and placing in the right containers. This chain stitching I did to make the sections can be done 15 minutes here and there to get the variety you need for this block.



The center is a 1 inch sided Hexie shape and you can machine or hand stitch in place. Trim the bulk from behind it because of all the seams. Visit Loose Threads blog and see what else she has. Take a cup of coffee and enjoy. Chris






1 comment:

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

That block looks fun, Chris!!