Friday, August 17, 2012

I've done lost my marbles

Yes you read it right. I am crazy, foolish but I like it. I finished the last of the 25 blocks of the EPP flowers. As I was sitting and finishing the last three I decided in my mind, here we go crazy!, I need to add an appliqued border. So my mind wanders and my ideas formed while the Olympics are winding down. See the little pink flower in the corner. Well that will be like flower buds in the opening stage with vines and leaves for the border. I took the elongated hexie and cut the seam allowance off of the pieces I had the size for the first flowers. So I drafted a smaller piece and cut them out for more EPP but in a smaller size. I them used contrasting colors as I used in the bigger flowers and sewed two together and placed the other lighter one behind and appliqued to the first two I had whip stitched together. As you can see about 3inches across the widest point. I think I will make some of the regular sized ones in the same shape also to vary the sizes. Am I crazy or can you see it????



The whole flower is about 7 inches across so this should be interesting look for the borders. I need to sew together the 25 blocks and then a small well narrow border in the green to frame it and the off white for the outside border.

I have a darker green cut for a vine and I have plenty of it so I can use to to make my vine and add different green leaves along the way.


Yes I am nuts, yes I am crazy and yes I am going to do it. I have no marbles left. It is only cobwebs up there anymore. LOL Chris






3 comments:

Katie M. said...

Nothing crazy about a beautiful quilt and this one's going to be a beauty.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I don't think you have lost your marbles, you have just found your groove. Tune out the world and enjoy your new energy for this quilt.

Teresa Rawson said...

Congrats on finishing all your blocks...I've seen other people working on these and not finishing. I love the idea of adding applique, but then I ALWAYS love the idea of applique!

In stitches,
Teresa :o)