Saturday, July 7, 2012

Couldn't wait a couple days

I said last night I would show you my hand work. I said in a couple days. Well here is some of it. I liked the idea of the green background some of you suggested, but I got to measuring the amount I had and it wouldn't be enough. I bought it over 5 years ago and I am sure nothing would match. So the game plan has changed. I will do the darker flowers on the unbleached muslin and the lighter flowers on the green. Alternate the two in the setting. EPP and hand applique are the order of business her. I think this one will be hand quilted. But I am hand quilting a block at a time and assembling as I go, so it will be a long process. I like the handwork and yet with it being so hot out this Summer I thought a block at a time would be cooler to handle.


Not to self, I need to find the applique pins the Cleaning Tornado put away. LOL She showed them to me and I just said don't mix them in with the other straight pins I had. So wonder where she put them.


This one I got a little to aggressive with the pressing. I need to re wet and press it on a towel to get the wrinkles out of it. I knew better when I did it to. I have some quilting designs I want to try out for hand quilting and I thought this would be a good chance to try them out.


Today is suppose to be the last hot day for several. hopefully they are right. Chris





1 comment:

Katie M. said...

I really love the flowers and I like the idea of alternating the backgrounds. As for the missing pins - did she store them with needles?