Saturday, June 9, 2012

Another Hexie WIP

This has been in the process for over 2 years. I work on it and get tired of it. It is all done by hand. The hexies are 2 inches on a side and I do not do EPP with them. I have a template with all the seam allowances on it and I cut out each shape. This is all scraps that are to small for other shapes. I stitch three together and then I add them to the main piece.


Here is the shape. It is an odd shape, but it make a real scrappy looking piece when done. See why I said I have a love hate relationship with hexies. The pattern for this is called One Patch Quilts 3D Hexagons. I think I got it from Nancy's Notions. This is the one that will take centuries to complete. The piece I have done so far is only 3ftX4ft. I know I am crazy!!!!! LOL Chris




2 comments:

sewyouquilt2 said...

iot is looking good. remember, Rome wasnt built in a day. just keep doing a little at a time and before you know it, it will be done.
love the pattern

Catskill Quilter said...

Wow - you get the gold medal for patience! It is going to be beautiful - all of the great colors. I am making some hexagons by hand, and while it is very slow going, it is kind of nice to have a long-term project!