Friday, May 25, 2012

Wha I have been doing

Holiday plans and nothing going on here but a little hand work. We don't get on the road during the holidays because we just don't take the chance anymore. I guess we grew up and feel it isn't a place for use to be on the road. This has been started for awhile and I lost interest. My sewing room was warm the other day so I got this out to work on. It is for a table topper. I have two more blocks to accent the center one. There is a lot of bulk with all the overlapping pieces. To quilt it I may have to cut away on the back. This needs several leaves and centers for flowers yet. I don't think I will ever make this block again. It is difficult to get the right look. It will be ok for what I am using it for, but not a regular quilt block. I like the reds and greens look from times gone by.

Hope everyone has a nice and safe holiday. It is suppose to be hot and humid here and storms will spin off of the storm fronts as they approach. Mowing is on hold with no rain and hot weather. Maybe in the next few days I can get my carpets scrubbed. Chris

No comments: