Tuesday, May 8, 2012

My thoughts today

I thought long and hard before I made my confession yesterday. I think my opening up about being a frustrated person was my first step to being healthy. No not a twelve step program, but one to say I am human and I need to rethink my life style.

Today up early again. Very frustrated with this. I am going to make use of my time today and get some cutting done in the sewing room. I turn the radio on and just work with a pile of scraps until the trimming is complete.

The birds are singing the awakening of a new day outside and I need to address the days schedule and see how far I can get with the issues at hand.

The sad thing about all this is that I know what I am doing and I know how to fix it. Now to get it done.

I have been on a quest of late to find shirtings. I have looked online and nothing that suits me is available. I guess this next week or so we are going to go to the quilt shops and see what we can find. I have so many period fabrics and the shirtings would work well with. We have to travel quite a distance to get to quilt shops and yet when we go there isn't always the things available you want. Every quilt shop has it's own style and my style and theirs isn't always the same.

I have been reading several blogs of quilters whom have large stashes. They seem to have quilting sources either close to them or a favorite website to order from. I guess I need to be more attentive to where they purchase their fabrics from. Plan to look some online today again.

We have weed pulling to do outside today and some squash seeds to get planted. So far everything we have planted is coming up or doing well. Now off to the sewing room to see if I can get anything accomplished in there today. Chris

2 comments:

Hettie Pringle /Stitchingmatters said...

You sound much more positive today. Good for you. Have you tried equilter as a possible online shop? I've been rather satisfied shopping by them. We too have extremely limited choices and shops - very frustrating.

Katie M. said...

I understand about having to travel to a quilt shop - the closest to me is 50 miles. As for shirtings, I find mine at thrift shops. I try and find 100% cotton men's shirts - especially in the xlarger sizes - there is a lot of fabric in those shirts and I get he bonus of the buttons! These shirts work really well for scrappy quilts.
And... I don't have a huge stash of fabric, I certainly don't have a wide range of colors, and I'm not one of those who buys bolts of fabric at a time - I also buy sheets for backing - again at thrift stores and I look for cotton sheets - most people don't care for cotton sheets because they wrinkle more than the percale or mixed fibers.
Anyway - have a good sewing day