Monday, May 7, 2012

Monday tip

Trying to clean up some of the scraps my granddaughter shoved into tubs. Doing it a tub at a time. Some is garment fabric that got mixed in. The trimming and disposing of the to small pieces made me get more motivated to get organized. I am cutting and squaring up pieces and placing them in the tubs to be used at a future date.


This is 2.5 inch squares. Good size to handle and yet they can be used in a lot of blocks. Anything large enough to be cut into this size square is getting placed all in the same tub.



This is 1.5 inch strips. I have a medium to dark tub and a light tub of this size strips. Good for Log Cabins, Courthouse steps and also for small piecing. They are at random lengths but all 1.5 inch in width. Tip is to get more organized and use up the mess as a starting point for a scrappy quilt.

I have emptied three of these tubs of late in quilt blocks and re cutting for the storage tubs according to size. I have 2 inch, 2.5 inch, 1.5 strips, 1.25 strips, 1 inch and 1.75 inch strips. I have 1.5 squares, 2 inch sq's and 2.5 inch squares.

I also have a tub of sewn HST not trimmed. They can be used as I need them and trimmed to the size I need at the time. Several quilts on my bucket list use different sized blocks. Elements of these blocks can be used from this collection of strips and squares.

I need to get myself back in there and use my time wisely. It is raining here and no outside work can happen today. We have had over an inch of rain since late last night. We are still behind on moisture for this area, but we had such a mild winter.

Going to cut and slice today see where I get with all this. Chris




No comments: