Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Using orphan blocks

I read Wanda's blog this morning and it put me to shame. I didn't stitch a single stitch yesterday. I have been burned out since Christmas. Well this was laying there and since I need to get something done or closer to done everyday I picked up the plastic bag these were in. I thought they need to be used up. I picked out a fabric that I don't like for other things because it is to busy and decided it was enough to cut sashing for these orphaned blocks. But I needed corner stones so I picked a complimentary color and started stitching. It won't be bed sized but a good sized lap robe.

I have three more rows to stitch on them a couple borders and I have some done. I have to run to the bank today my debit card quit working and yes I have money in the bank. LOL They think the magnetic strip is faulty. We just got the card and it is frustrating. Just goes to prove don't give up your hand written checks because you never know if something will happen. Chris



2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

that is a great use for orphan blocks. I like to have a pile of lap size quilts ready to give as gifts. There isn't as much money tied up in them so it doesn't break the bank to give them away.

Hettie Pringle /Stitchingmatters said...

I have to agree with you on the cheques Chris - sometimes I believe technology makes us suffer more than simply doing things by hand.