Sunday, December 18, 2011

I'm Done, I'm Done

All four of the quilts are completed. I worked really hard today to get it done. Now the wrapping and the house needs a good cleaning.

I never thought I would be working so close to the day. I started early, but then the ways of life got in my way. I guess I should have a better schedule planned and I didn't. I don't think quilting will be part of the Christmas gift list next year. I am burned out for now.
The Grandkids are getting older and they want big ticket items and Grandma can't afford that so I think next year will be a small gift and money to go buy what you want. If it were up to me they would get an apple and a hug and a kiss and they would have to deal with it. I know Bah Humbug. But I do not like the holidays. They are so commercial and costly and it never seems enough because so- and-so could get me this which is better.
We as kids were happy with a few small things and we never questioned our parents or grandparents as to why we didn't spend more. But I don't have control over how the kids are raised in a divorced family situation.

I should qualify the kids are good kids, but the statements do come out and they do hurt. They weren't raised like that when Mom and Dad were together.

I hope you all have a Merry Christmas and enjoy your families. Chris

1 comment:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Good for you getting it finished! You know we can start a new trend with less is more and teach the kids something. I have to save up for my new boiler so Christmas won't be as big here.